Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
This course is provided in partnership with Babcocks and is aimed at candidates with experience of carrying out a teaching assistant role who have the desire and support of their school to gain Higher Level Teaching Assistant Status.
The programme includes three full days of training and school-based assessment.
Sessions: (9:30am – 3:30pm)
- 22/02/18: Day 1 - How to match your role to the 33 HLTA standards.
- 23/02/18: Day 2 - How to prepare evidence for submission for assessment
- 22/03/18: Day 3 - Preparation for the school-based assessment.
Specific Course Requirements
- Experience of being involved with planning (not necessarily carrying out the planning) and delivering 1:1, group and whole class learning activities learning activities leading to progress.
- All applicants must have, and be able to provide evidence of, level 2 (equivalent to GCSE A*-C grade qualifications) in both Mathematics and English*
- Statement of support from a school based Senior Leader (usually the Head Teacher)
- Complete an evaluation of each session attended
*If candidates wish to take part but do not have the necessary qualifications, please contact the Medway Teaching Schools Alliance to arrange a qualification test.