Differentiation in the Classroom Targeting EAL Pupils at Codes A to D
*10% Early Bird Discount if booked before end February 2019*
This one day course explores an approach to differentiating lessons that enables EAL learners with less that 2 years' experience of English to express their understanding in different subjects using accurate academic language.
Strategies that deepen understanding and develop the academic language of those EAL pupils at Codes C and D will also be explored.
Participants will have the opportunity to try interactive activities that enable:
- learners to engage effectively with texts as well as write with greater accuracy and clarity across subjects
- pupils to read with deeper understanding
- learners to draw meaning from texts by drawing attention to how writers use certain language features to create cohesion
- the development of grammatical accuracy, improve structure and extend vocabulary
- pupils to rehearse the language orally before writing
Suitable for teachers and support staff working from KS1 to KS3.
For more information, please visit the Hounslow Language Service
The course information flyer can be found here.