The UCAS Portal will open for viewing for the academic year 2012/21 on 1 October 2019 - details can be found via this DfE link and applications can be submitted from 8 October 2019 onwards.
View our recent School Direct literature.
As a leading provider for Initial Teacher Training in the Medway area, the MTSA is hosting two exciting Recruitment Events. Whether it is Secondary of Primary teaching that interests you, we have the knowledge, information and experience for you.
At these events you will meet the friendly MTSA team who will explain the School Direct course to you, introduce the alliance schools, and hear from trainees’ real-life experiences on our training course.
- Primary Education Focused : Wednesday 6 November 2019
9.30 - 11.30 am at Brompton Westbrook Primary School
Kings Bastion, Gillingham, Kent ME7 5DQ
- Primary & Secondary focused : Wednesday 6 November 2019
6.00 - 7.00 pm at Sir Joseph Williamson's Mathematical School
Maidstone Road, Rochester, Kent ME1 3EL
The MTSA is pro-actively responding to the Government changes and is working closely with Canterbury Christ Church University (CCCU) in order to develop the Schools Direct and Schools Direct Salaried (Primary and Secondary) programmes in order to grow and develop a quality teaching workforce across the Medway area.
School Direct Training with the MTSA
School Direct is a relatively new route into teaching which moves the focus of study from a university to a school. Whether you’ve just finished a degree, or have been working in a career for many years, you will probably want to combine any further teacher training with actually doing the job. With School Direct, you are selected by the Alliance from day one and we make a commitment not only to your training but to your subsequent employment.
What makes a good teacher, and why teach?
Our television screens have recently been inundated with programmes such as Educating Yorkshire, Educating Essex, Tough Young Teachers, and the most recent episodes of Educating the East End which have followed teachers that work in a range of schools. But what makes a good teacher, and why would you teach? Educating Yorkshire's Mr Burton explains more.
Do you have an interest in a particular subject or age range? Watch the video clips to see why you should choose teaching as a career and the range of opportunities that are available :
The MTSA School Direct programme
We work in partnership with Canterbury Christchurch University to provide a tailored programme of training. The School Direct pathways offered through Medway Teaching School Alliance allow you to gain either QTS or PGCE by the end training period.
The "Assessment Only" programme is specifically designed for unqualified teachers who have significant and relevant teaching experience and leads to the award of QTS.
Additionally the MTSA are able to provide the following :
- School experience placements in a variety of contexts prior to the starting of the course.
- Focussed Professional Studies.
- Curriculum Studies Programme based at Canterbury Christ Church University.
- Extended research project through an Enhanced Studies option.
- The opportunity to gain 60 Masters Credits.
- Training opportunities across the Alliance.
- School Placements in differing contexts across the Alliance.
- An SEN experience.
- Strong support provided by the Alliance.
- Networking opportunities with trainees at other teaching schools.
- Support to secure a teaching position on completion of the course.