Upcoming OpportunitiesPosted on: 07/12/2017
Embedding Formative Assessment
Wednesday 7th March 2018
The Medway Teaching School Alliance is delighted to be able to offer a one-day conference from Professor Dylan Wiliam.
There is now a large and growing evidence base that helping teachers develop their use of minute-to-minute and day-by-day assessment is one of, if not the most powerful ways to improve student learning.
However, adopting formative assessment, or assessment for learning as it is sometimes called, involves far more than adding a few “quick fixes” to teachers’ classroom repertoires. It involves a fundamental shift in focus, from what the teacher is putting into the process to what the students are getting out of it.
In this interactive one-day workshop, participants will learn:
- Why we need to increase educational achievement, what's been tried, and why it hasn't worked
- Why formative assessment needs to be the priority for every school
- What formative assessment is (and isn't)
- Practical techniques for implementing formative assessment; and
- How to sustain the development of formative assessment with teacher learning communities
Single ticket = £195 (Standard) £150 (Early Bird Price)
Two tickets = £295 (Standard) £250 (Early Bird Price)
For further information on group bookings, please contact Sarah Smith via email firstname.lastname@example.org
For reduced Early Bird Price book before the 19th of December
For more information and to book a place contact email@example.com