Assessment without Levels
The MTSA held an Assessment without Levels Conference in January 2015. The conference grew out of the MTSA Assessment without Levels working group. Documents from this conference are available :
- Report from the Conference
- Assessment Research & Development / Tim Oates presentation
- Talking assesment, or what do we tell the children? / Chris Chivers presentation
- How we can best use our freedom to assess without levels / Elisabeth Pickles workshop
- Assessment for Challenge in the new National Curriculum / Matt Dickenson workshop
An 'Assessment Focus Group' has been set up to discuss new developments, policies, research, resources and evidence based classroom practice. Please contact Chris Grabski if you are interested in receiving further information firstname.lastname@example.org
The focus group are currently looking at how ability based setting and approach to differentiation impacts the way we use assessment and give feedback : Learning without Limits.
- Learning without Limits Project Brief
- An Alternative Approach to School Development: the children are the evidence
- Diagram 1 Forces affecting learning capacity
- Diagram 2 The core purposes
- Diagram 3 Teachers power
- Diagram 4 Transforming learning capacity
- The Wroxham Transformative Learning Alliance
A recent attendee to the focus group said "Chris, I thought your input was spot on during the last meeting and I sincerely hope that growth mindsets will begin to permeate through Medway. I look forward to our next meeting."
This recent publication by John Hattie may be of interest.
Dont forget to follow us on Twitter @The_MTSA